Windows 10 Bluetooth not working has become a major issue in Windows 10, Many users are searching online for the Solution of how they can fix the “Windows 10 Bluetooth not working” issue, and there are plenty of online articles about it and explaining with different methods and techniques, which takes a lot of time for a user to find the perfect solution for their issue.
So, I have researched pretty much to summarize the best methods and techniques which will resolve your problem regarding the Bluetooth not working in your machine.
So far, there are five solutions or methods which I have summarized to take a look at, and Now, we will see some of the easiest and simple solutions of Windows 10 Bluetooth not working.
Cause of Windows 10 Bluetooth not working Issue:
Sometimes this problem occurs when there is a problem in Software or Hardware and if there are multiple devices connected to a computer or laptop, which can cause overloading of functions and cause them not to work correctly.
Sometimes there is a problem with the Driver of Bluetooth, whether the driver is not installed correctly or the driver software is not for that specific Bluetooth device which can cause the Windows 10 Bluetooth not to work properly.
There is a possibility of a bug in your Operating system; as we know, Windows 10 keeps updating in computers processes’ background, and the best way to get rid of this problem is to update windows 10 from the settings.
5 Quick Method Resolve Bluetooth not working in Windows 10
- Check Bluetooth Options and Turn It On
- Reinstall or Update Bluetooth Driver
- Start Bluetooth Services
- Run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Use Bluetooth Software Provided by your Hardware Vendor
Solution 1: Check Bluetooth Options and Turn It On
First of all, not all PCs come with Bluetooth, so please ensure that your computer has inbuilt Bluetooth.
Step 1: If you have a USB Bluetooth dongle
- Try Unplugging it and plugin again.
- Try a different USB Port and see if it’s working.
Step 2: If your Computer supports Bluetooth
- Check if you have any physical Bluetooth button on your keyboard switch on your computer and turn it ON.
Step 3: Turn it Off and On From Settings
- Go to the notifications area at the bottom right corner and look for Bluetooth options.
- Tap on Windows search and type Bluetooth. Select Bluetooth and other device settings; ideally, we should see Bluetooth.
Solution 2: Reinstall or Update Bluetooth Driver
Sometimes the Bluetooth driver gets outdated or it gets updated and updating the Bluetooth driver or reinstalling may fix the problem.
- Right-click on Start button, and select Device Manager.
- Search for Bluetooth in Device manager Window, and then right-click on your Bluetooth Driver, choose Update Driver.
- Now you need to select Search Automatically.
It will try to find suitable drivers from within your computer as well as from the internet.
2.1 Try Third-Party Driver Utilities to update driver:
There are two versions you can experience through.
- Premium (Automatically Download Driver and install them on your PC or Laptop)
- Free (You have to download and manually install the drivers one by one)
Most of them will be interested in using the Free version, so I will quickly show you how to do it with the Free version.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Launch the Driver Easy Application and Run scan precisely.
- Choose the Update besides your Bluetooth device.
- Select Manually Create and click on Continue.
- Select Manually install and choose Continue.
- Copy that directory path; now go to Device Manager and Update Driver.
- Choose Browse My Computer from Software, paste the directory path that we have already copied.
- Tap on next, and we have successfully updated the Driver.
If this also doesn’t resolve your problem, keep going for the following solutions.
Solution 3: Start Bluetooth Services
Windows service is a part of Windows, which helps for better PC performance and smoothness in Windows, Bluetooth is also a part of service in windows, and if it has stopped, it can cause the Bluetooth not to work.
You can check the status and turn it on by doing the following steps.
- Go to Windows Search and type Services.
- Select services, find Bluetooth-related services.
- You can set all these Bluetooth-related services to Automatic one by one, or enable them if disabled.
- Restart your Computer machine.
Make sure to Restart your PC or Laptop after doing this process.
Solution 4: Run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Go to Windows Search and type troubleshoot.
- Select troubleshoot settings.
- Scroll down and select Bluetooth and run the troubleshooter.
- Now let the troubleshooter process its processes and wait till it’s finished.
Restart your PC or Laptop after doing this process.
Solution 5 is only valid if you have an external or physical Bluetooth USB.
Solution 5: Use Bluetooth Software Provided by your Hardware Vendor (If you use a Physical Bluetooth device)
- Most of the USB dongles come with a software CD. If you have one, please install the Software from CD.
- Alternatively, download the latest Software from the hardware vendor website.
Suppose I have a CSR Bluetooth USB dongle, and I don’t have Software.
I will search the model from the internet and find the Software and download it.
- Once downloaded, unzip the file and open the setup and complete the installation.
- Now navigate to the CSR folder or any model software, primarily located in C Drive and then in Program Files.
- For convenience, create a desktop shortcut for a .exe file named Tray Application.exe.
- Click on the Tray Application.exe shortcut on your desktop.
You can now see a new Bluetooth icon in your notification area. You should use this Bluetooth icon instead of Windows’ default Bluetooth options.
We have concluded here that there are five solutions for the problem of Windows 10 Bluetooth not working, which can easily be solved by applying these solutions, and if you think we are missing something, please let us know in the comments.
I hope one of these solutions works for you and you no longer see Windows 10 Bluetooth not working issue on your computer machine; if it did not, please let us know in the comments or mail us at Support@Solution-Archive.com.