You are at work and doing something really important in your office and then your printer stops working because of printer got stuck in the middle of the work.
This is the worst thing you will experience on that day, and you will try to push every button on the printer to make it work, but would be unable to resolve your issue.
But I can assure you, you will no longer expect this issue to come or if it came by some other time you can easily fix it if your printer got stuck.
Solution: Clear the Print Queue from %windir%\system32\spool\printers folder
This might happened when you mistakenly commanded the print functions more than twice.
As result, your printer gets stuck and stops printing further.
To fix, all you need to do is to clear the printer queue.
These are one of the best and easiest methods to clear the printer queue.
How to Clear Print Queue using Commands?
- Click on the Start button and search command.
- Click on Run As Administrator. (To get the privileges of an administrator)
- Now type net stop spooler then hit Enter. (It will stop further printing commands from the computer)
- Now in command Prompt, Type
del %windir%\system32\spool\printers* /Qthen hit Enter. (This command will delete the print queue from the folder)
net start spoolerthen hit Enter. (Spooler will now start taking print commands)
The print queue will now be cleared, you can check if this trick has worked or not.
How to Clear Print Queue without Commands?
- Click on the Start button and search services.
- After executing the services app, find Print Spooler, and right-click on it and click on stop.
- Now open RUN (Win+R), or search.
- Paste this
%windir%\system32\spool\printersand hit Enter.
- Delete the files from “
- Now head back to the services app, Right-click on Print Spooler and click on start.
The print queue will now be cleared without using commands, you can check if this trick has worked for you or not.
Remember that you have deleted all the queue from the Printer folder by using commands or without using commands.
If clearing your printer queue does not resolve the issue, you can run sfc /scannow command using the command prompt, this will delete all the corrupted files inside your Windows.